Shari’a Supervisory Board
About Shari’a Supervisory Board (SSB):
Shari’a supervisory board in al Jazeera finance company review and study all Islamic products and services lunched by the company and the members of Shari’s Committee are the scholars with knowledge and expertise in Islamic jurisprudence.
The company provides the Peace of mind and tranquility for the customers through the fatwa provided by the SSB of the company for each product or service which are provided to them.
The General Assembly appoints the SSB based on the Board of Directors nomination, consists of not less than three members.
The main roles and responsibilities of the supervisory body:
- To approve the Company’s products and services.
- To approve the standard agreements and contracts pertaining to the company’s financial transactions.
- To give a Shari’a opinion regarding the products introduced by the bank and issues fatwas on the questions and transactions submitted to it.
- To suggest the possible Shari’a solutions for the problems of the financial transactions inconsistent with the principles and provisions of Islamic Shari’a.
- To review the reports of the Shari’a Audit concerning the audit of the company’s transactions and to which extent such transactions are compliant with the provisions of Islamic Shari’a and the fatwas and resolutions of the Board.
- To Present an annual report to the General Assembly of the company encompasses the Board’s opinion about the company’s transaction and operations which are done during the year and to which extent that the company’s management has committed to the Board fatwas’ decisions and direction.
Shari’a Supervisory Board (SSB) Members:
|Members Shari’a Supervisory Board (SSB)
|Shaikh Waleed bin Hadi
|Dr. Sultan Al Hashemi
|Dr. Mohammed Ahmeen