Al Jazeera Finance – Qatar
We will not collect any information about individuals unless it is explicitly and knowingly provided by them.
When you visit our website, our web server collects some basic information such as your internet service provider’s domain name, the pages you accessed on our site, and the time of your visit.
We use this information for the purpose of analyzing the usage of our website to improve its functionality; rest assured that we do not collect any personally identifiable information.
User data privacy and security policy
This notice outlines how we use and safeguard your personal information, including whom we may share it with and the measures we have in place to ensure its privacy and security. This policy applies to all accounts, products, or services that you have with us. We employ a range of internal technical and organizational measures, such as encryption, anonymity, and physical security to ensure that your information remains secure. In addition, we require all our employees and any third parties who work on our behalf to adhere strictly to our data protection standards and contractual obligations to safeguard any data.
Personal and sensitive user data
We ensure that all personal and sensitive user data is handled securely as follows:
- Data is not published or used incorrectly.
- Data is sent using modern encryption, for example, via HTTPS.
- Runtime permissions are used whenever available, before accessing data restricted to Android or iOS permissions.
- We do not sell personal and sensitive user data.
Notable disclosure and approval requirements
Our in-app disclosure is accompanied and immediately preceded by a request for user consent and, if available, an associated runtime permission:
- User consent is within the application itself.
- It is displayed in the normal use of the application.
- The data that is accessed or collected will be described.
- It will not be included with other disclosures nor related to the collection of personal and sensitive user data.
- A consent dialog will be presented clearly.
- It will include positive user action (example: click to accept, check box).
- It does not navigate the user away from the disclosure by clicking the home button or some other method.
We will retain your information so that we can continue to provide you with products and services and to help us manage our relationship with you including verifying your identity when you contact us or when you apply for products or services, preventing fraud, and assessing the suitability of the products or services you have applied for.
We will continue to retain this information for as long as you continue to do business with us and use our platforms (such as mobile applications or our website).
We may retain this information after you stop doing business with us or stop using our platforms, for example, for inquiries and complaints as required by law and regulations, or to protect our interests.
- Our application treats any personal and sensitive user data relating to financial information, payment information, or government identification numbers in strict confidentiality.
- Our app system solution uses a high standard of financial and banking security measures to ensure it is protected from viruses, trojans, data impersonation, or other harmful codes.
When we use your personal data
We will only use your personal data when we have a legal basis for its use, including the following:
- Operations as needed for our legitimate interests.
- Carrying out a mission in the public interest.
- Protecting the vital interests of individuals.
- Compliance with legal obligations.
- Verifying your identity.
- Processing your transactions.
- Implementing your instructions.
- Keeping track of any form of formal communication with us.
- Executing our contract with you.
Whom we may share your personal data with
We have asked for your permission to share your personal data and you have agreed that we may share your information in the following cases:
- We have a public or legal duty to do so, for example, to help detect fraud and tax evasion, prevent financial crimes, regulate reporting, and litigation, or defend legal rights.
- If we have a legitimate reason to do so, for example, to manage risks, verify your identity, or assess your suitability for products or services.
- We may transfer and disclose your information to any fund managers who provide asset management services to you and any brokers who provide you with services or who deal with us on your behalf.
- If we are requested to comply with requests from auditors, regulators, or dispute settlement bodies.
- If there is a dispute over a contract or financing process and any other person(s) involved.
- If the government, the courts, or our regulators request the data, but only if they have the right to see it for legitimate reasons.
- With fraud prevention agencies to prevent fraud and money laundering and to verify your identity. If fraud is detected, certain services, funding, or employment may be refused.
In addition to the points mentioned above, you can ask us to:
- Give you a free copy of the information that you have provided to us about yourself.
- Update or correct any inaccurate information.
- Follow up on any personal transaction for you, whether as a client or sponsor.
We track records of your communication with us post your consent, for example, messages, emails, and any other type of communication, to verify, evaluate, and analyze your instructions to us, improve our services, train our employees, or prevent and detect fraud and other crimes.
In addition, we continue to process the data if we determine that our legitimate interest overrides yours or if we need information to establish, exercise or defend legal rights.
What we expect from you
You are responsible for ensuring that the information that you provide to us is accurate and up to date. You are required to inform us if there are any changes to the provided information as soon as possible.
If you give us any information about another person to whom your account is connected, you must inform them about the information you gave us. Make sure they agree that we can use it in the same ways we communicated to you, and you should also tell them how they can see what information we have about them and correct any errors.
Al Jazeera Finance Company Building, Midmac Roundabout, Salwa Road.
P.O. Box: 22310
Phone: 00974 44050444
Fax: 00974 44050445
E-mail: [email protected]
We are happy to explain the policy in more detail.