Al-Jazeera Finance Compliance statement to Anti-money laundering, Terrorist Financing and Weapon proliferation Instructions
Al- Jazeera Finance (Private Qatari shareholding company licensed by the Qatar Central Bank, License No. 4/2009) is fully committed to the application of the State of Qatar’s Law for Combating Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing No. 20 of 2019 and Qatar Central Bank instructions in this regards, by adhering to the highest Local and International standards in the field of Combating money laundering, terrorist financing and proliferation through applying automated monitoring systems, Internal policies & procedures and Internal directives to combat money laundering, terrorist financing and proliferation.
The company implements Anti-money laundering and Terrorist financing policies and procedures which is approved by our Board of Directors to combat and prevent any criminal activities. The policies and controls include a number of procedures, including:
- Appointing independent compliance department reporting to the Board of Directors responsible with implementing the instructions of the Qatar Central Bank and raising to external parties in the government of any money laundering or terrorist financing attempts.
- Applying Procedures for identifying individual and corporate clients,
- Applying Customer Acceptance Policy,
- Monitor customer transactions and enhance due diligence according to the degree of customer risk,
Screening of clients on local and International sanctions lists through automated world wide screening programs.
- Awareness and continuous training,
- Effective Internal and External reporting.
The company has also adopted an effective and highly efficient program to combat money laundering and terrorist financing with to restrict the use of financing deals and transactions as a channel for placing suspicious and illegal transactions arising from money laundering activities, financing terrorism or any other financial crimes. .
The company also tests regularly the effectiveness of the AML/CFT compliance program through independent review and evaluation by Internal and External auditors.